Sunday 19 February 2012

Baking: Cookie Pizza


After dinner time devotions with the family we take a look at a book called "Do Good" for inspiration to do some good for others and with each other. Well the other night it said, bake together. And as much as I love baking, I don't typically include my kids as much as I intend to. So we wrote it on the calendar-Family Baking Day. And the recipe for cookie pizza popped into my head and I never realised it at the time how kid friendly this recipe really is! So the whole family gathered together to make this recipe. And it worked out great.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza
3/4 c. flour
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
6 TB. butter or margarine
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
1 lg. egg
1 t. vanilla
1 c. oats
3/4 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 375. Mix ingredients in order listed. Cover round pizza pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
Dump dough onto the pan and press out the dough to evenly fill the pan.

Bake in the oven for 20 min. Cut slices when it has cooled slightly.
That was so easy. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks