Thursday 9 February 2012

Making Winter "Warmer"

 So it seems to me that winter has been sitting around for a while, and its not as exciting as it was at the beginning. So it made me think... there needs to be another thing to look forward to. Valentines day is coming up and when I think realistically I know that my husband and I will not be having any plans for that day. This day was not even intended for lovers anyhow. Its to recognize and remember a certain loving Saint. I decided to make a big deal out of this day. Loving on our loved ones by having a big dinner and dessert, dress up (kids in red), give cards and play games. This way it also gives us a little extra something to look forward to, during these dark cold days, after Christmas has passed.
 I've been trying to optimistically join my family outside for those wintry activities as well, seeing how the fresh air is good for ya. I do love the tobogganing and skating, its just hard to leave the warmth. We made it out to Winterlude in Gatineau and walked across the bridge to Ottawa to check it out over there too. It was a lot of fun!
 I really want to strive to see Gods beauty during this time of year when we tend to day dream of spring and try to distract ourselves with the tv or the net. I wonder what helps others embrace the cold months?...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks