Thursday 19 July 2012

Scones and Community Clean-Up

I have been making a bunch of different scones lately. And then I remembered these super yummy Maple Pecan Scones, from my cookbook - "The Pioneer Woman Cooks". So I made a batch of these. You can find the recipe here.








 I saw a good idea for a summer activity to do with the kids: to do a community clean-up We set out on our clean up, early in the morning before it got to hot. Along with us, we brought our own garbage pokers, fashioned from sharpened sticks, recycle bags, gloves and bug spray. We walked along our favorite path, and the highway we trek on mostly. We filled 3 bags in 2 hours. I was so impressed with the enthusiasm and effort, from the kids. So we went out for fresh cut fries at a near by fry truck.
I wonder if they will be up to doing the other side of the highway next week?

Doesn't this make a good garbage picking outfit?

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are teaching your children to "give back" and serve in the committee. Thanks for sharing this idea! When my boys were little, they did this kind of thing with the Cub Scouts. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks