Monday 15 October 2012

Fall is . . .

 Colourful canopies of leaves




Wearing cosy sweaters outside


Re-exploring what feels like new surroundings


Stacking wood to keep cosy



Playing in the cool crisp air


With smells of earth and leaves


and Enjoying what the harvest has turned out


and turning it into creations such as


Tomato Salsa
This is the recipe I use every time I have a big batch of tomatoes.

8 cups peeled chopped tomatoes
4 cups chopped peppers
4 cups chopped onions
2 cups vinegar
1 or 2 finely chopped jalapeno peppers
8 cloves garlic, minced
5.5 oz. tin tomato paste
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 TB. salt
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. oregano

Put it all in the pot and bring to a boil over med.-high heat. Lower heat and simmer for at least an hour. Although I did for about half the day because I like a thicker salsa.
For storing, I like keeping it simple, so I just freeze batches in plastic containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks