Tuesday 22 January 2013

Overnight Pull-Apart Cinnamon Loaf


I had been wanting to try this recipe for some time now, and am glad I did. It made a really nice start to a -20 something morning for the kids and I. I was basically able to just set it on the table and the kids could pull off what looked like slices. Oh my is was yummy! I got the recipe here .
So here I sit on the eve of my birthday. Which is kinda nice having so close to New Years, because it all makes me think about new beginnings and the desire to start new or fresh on certain things in my life or my families life that could use some improvement. I would like to get into that more some other time and the different things I've done involved in that. But I have really come to the realisation that I have a HARD time adjusting from the high of Christmas. Do I sound like I'm five? I even thought maybe that was why I wanted to make a bigger deal out of Valentines Day last year. But I found I even got to the point where I was questioning myself with: am I depressed? Adjusting is hard for me I guess. I have found the older I get, the more I realise I have a lot to learn about myself. And when I thought about that when I was a lot younger or heard others mention that one needs to learn more about themselves or that we are always learning about ourselves. I would kinda do the raise one eye brow - squint one eye - and screw up my mouth, look and think HU? So I see now how I'm having to always be open to all kinds of learning, even the kind that I don't need to go far at all to learn something new!
O ya so I said...here I sit...

In cozy jammies, the only time polka dots and stripes are ok. And woolly socks, so attractive, aren't they? Who am I kidding, I'm sure husbands could unite on the fact that the cold cold months apparel don't offer much for attractiveness. "Gee honey, you don't like my scratchy socks touching your leg?"
He he. Any ways, I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Praise the Lord, I have his word as a warm guiding light always ready to comfort me.
Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord you God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Psalm 37:4 Be delighted with the Lord. Then he will give you all your heart's desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks