Thursday 7 March 2013

Banana Scones

 Having nearly rotten bananas in the house is a common occurrence around here and I know we are not the only home with this situation. But no worries right? Who doesn't love banana bread? But me I love figuring out what else I can do with them. So lately its been Banana Scones. Oh and I love me some scones (muffins too!) I'm on a scone kick lately. You know lemon blueberry, date and spice, maple pecan, strawberry. Well I came across some banana ones and have come up with this one that I modified to my liking. It follows...



2 Bananas, mashed
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup oatmeal
2 cups flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 425
Mix according to the list. Just until its combined. Divide in half and shape each into 7-8 inch rounds. Cut into 6 pieces, each. Place pieces on greased baking sheets and bake for 12 min.
Breakfast/Snack time- is ready.

Daily duties are daily joys, because they are something which God gives us to offer unto Him, to do to our very best, in acknowledgement of His love. -Pusey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13





No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks