Sunday 14 April 2013

Hay! Where is the Spring Weather?




I must admit, I'm getting really anxious for the spring weather and growth. Just this morning it was snowing. Get this- school was even cancelled because of snow and freezing rain on Friday! I know that it will come. I just read this quote "The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time" -Abraham Lincoln. And so I am reminded that though things aren't appearing how I'd like or expect, I can choose to enjoy what the present holds. And the sky that was before me, full of huge clouds and white dusted hay fields were a gift that made me pull over to capture with a picture...be content with what you have; for God himself has said, “I will never leave you; never will I forsake you.”Hebrews 13:4-6. The beginning of this verse says...Your conduct must be free from the love of money, and... and makes me think on this blog post I added half a year ago. It was a plan to get out of debt by ceasing unnecessary spending for the period of time until we got debt free. Well...it lasted all of a month and a half. Christmas came and then the direction changed. I found it was an incredibly insightful month and a half. I found I became very much more aware of my spending, I still do find I am more careful and selective about what I spend my money on. As well we make the times we do go out to eat (which is very few and far between) more special because it is rare. Therefore truly enjoyed and appreciated by all. Beside the children's few gifts at Christmas time, getting and receiving things is not a regular occurrence. I am happy to say though that we are 75% out of debt since this started, which leaves a small portion for us to reach our goal. So were we too extreme, gungho? Probably, my husband and I are well know to be that way. Or quitters, bailing out? Could be, Its hard to hang in there for 360's! But I do know that balance is the key. Buying a coffee isn't a sin. Letting desires compromise priorities begs to be challenged. So what can I say? For now we are happy with keeping unnecessary spending to a minimum, because I truly do believe being in debt is not OK. Accumulating a mass of stuff is not what life is about, you cant take it with you. Life is about who you are living for and that is what brings true JOY in your life. Jesus, Others, lastly Yourself. Priorities, is when I am taking a step forward not backward, and every single step (choice) in life will do that: forward -or- backward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks