Thursday 17 April 2014

Lemon Poppy Seed Fluffins

The fresh sent and colour of lemon makes me think of spring, spring makes me think of fresh starts. Every morning is fresh with new grace and possibilities. And the chance to stop trying and rely totally! on God. This simple thought is really what I have really been aiming for lately. Picture the word START and this being the acronym for Stop Trying And Rely Totally. This is good for anytime, there is a fresh start every moment. Christ is always waiting for us to turn away from our own trying, ambitions and efforts and to rely totally on Him.
 
 
Sometimes it is healthy to try to figure out why why why we do what we do. But I know for me lots of times I need to stop focusing on the bad choices, the flubs and just humble myself to say to God "I can't do this on my own God!" I think maybe even say it out loud...loudly. "And for crying out loud...I shouldn't even try!!" So stop and then START right again. Its ok, He knows me, He knows you. And He loves you and I just the same, no matter what.
 
 
These muffins are so yummy and fluffy
 
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
lemon zest of 1 lemon and the juice of 1/2 of it.
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. poppy seeds
3/4 cup sour cream
 
Preheat oven to 375 and line or grease muffin tin, I used a large 6 muffin tin. Beat in each wet ingredient, according to order listed. Sift the dry ingredients together in another bowl. Add dry ingredients to the wet alternately with the sour cream, in 3 additions. Spoon into pan and bake 20-25 min. or 25-30 for the large muffins.
Now you can have a tea with the left over lemon :)
2 Corinthians 5:17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it good to know God loves us in spite of our flaws, flubs, and flops? Your post was a great reminder of this truth. Oh...those muffins, those muffins, those muffins! They are calling my name and shouting, "Spring is here!" I hope to make them this weekend. Thank you for sharing your encouraging words and this tasty recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you stopped by and Yes it is so good to know that He does loves us, not just put up with us like I can be in the habit of thinking He LOVES US. :D

      Delete

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks