Tuesday 25 November 2014

More with Cranberries

I have cranberries on my mind. Hence the juniper, cranberry arrangements I made in my last post. I love me a good scone emmm emm. Especially when they are dense and sweet. This one has all the above.
 ::Lemon Cranberry Scones::
Preheat oven to 375, and place oven rack on upper 3rd level of the oven
3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1tbsp grated lemon peel
1 tsp salt
-Mix this all together in a large bowl-
Add 3/4 cup of chilled butter, cut up into small squares.
-Use a pastry blender to incorporate the butter to make a coarse meal consistency-
Stir in 1/2 cup of sliced (each in half) cranberries (I used frozen)
1tbsp of lemon juice, poured in a 1 cup measuring cup.
Add half and half to the measuring cup to fill it to measure 1 cup.
-Pour into your scone mixture and mix until clumps form then gather with you hands to form one solid lump, don't over mix. Divide in half and pat each into a 6 inch flat, round. Cut each into 6 triangles. Place on greased/ parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 20 min.-
Once the scones have cooled, make a glaze of
1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
a dribble of lemon juice
and just enough milk to make a slightly runny icing (about 2 tbsp)
-Mix this up and drizzle it over your scones. Once this dries you can stack them up in your tin just fine.-

Now speaking of icing makes me think of what I saw outside early this morning...

The trees look like they were dipped in frosting.



Dusted with icing sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks